Friday, June 22, 2012

FO: Jane

After 3 years, I've knit one my children an actual garment. I feel ridiculously proud .

Pattern is Jane by the super talented Tikki. Modelled by Miss almost 7 (who very much enjoyed the chance to 'have a pose') Funnily enough the last thing I knitted for her, back in 2009, was another of Tikki's designs!

Knit in merino/cashmere 8ply - a mill end yarn that was part of Knit World's June sale. $3.90/ball it was a great score - nice and cushy and soft. The 'plum' colour is a deep crimson - very pretty.




I only used 390m for a size 6 cardigan (with a bit of extra length in sleeves and body). This pattern is soooooooo economical! I made one for myself in January and it only used 400g of 8ply.

I love the open front, the short sleeves, the cropped length. It's perfect for over summer dresses and with our (supposedly) warm climate this is a great choice for those slightly cooler days when you just need a little extra warmth but maybe not a full on cardigan. 

Love it :) and so does Miss N.

Here's my favourite shot from today's "shoot":


3 comments:

  1. Well done. I love the twirly whirly photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a successful child knit! She loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, I am knitting Jane in the same yarn but a pretty pumpkin orange colour

    ReplyDelete