Monday, December 30, 2013

FO: Waves of Love hat

I got interviewed last week by Karen from SpecialKknits. Karen has  some lovely patterns for sale on Ravelry and her Waves of Love hat caught my eye. It's based on the rhythmic chinese wave stitch pattern and really makes hand dyed yarns come to life. 

 I knit mine in JOY Precious Possum (Tanzanite). Super soft, lofty and oh so warm this hat was made for our family babysitter who is off to Dunedin for University. It's cold down there so I thought a warm hat might be appreciated.
 I modified the crown a little bit, doing the decreases twice as fast to try and get a more slouchier top. I also did the rib as single rather than double, mainly because the possum tends to behave a little bit like alpaca and I wasnt sure it would hold the rib.

My model is a little bit smaller than the intended recipient but I think it still looks good. I love the way the colour variegations have pooled and the hat is so warm and dense. Im really happy with how this turned out, the pattern is nice and clear and makes for a nice relaxing knit.

Karen is running a mystery mitts KAL on Ravelry during January http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/january-mystery-mitts Looks like a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment