Thursday, November 20, 2014

Cheezombie. The Interview.


Photo credit: cheezombie

Cheezombie often finds herself bleary eyed and finger sore, but still knitting and watching slasher movies and cartoons at 2 a.m. The byproducts of these late night sessions fuel others, whereby creating a cycle of sleeplessness and creativity. 

I'm very excited to welcome Cheezombie to MahiandAroha! 

Your designs are instantly recognisable as “Cheezombie”. How did you get started designing your cute little critters? What is that appeals to you about designing toys?
My toy designs are inspired by my caffeinecartoonwikipedia fever dreams , but I alter them slightly to be less unsettling to children and the elderly. Except telepathic kitten,he’s just creepy

Which of your patterns is your favourite critter and why?
My personal favorite design of mine is the slug. It was one of my first, so I’m partial, but also it reminds me of myself. Smallish, slimy, likes beer, and avoids salt. And splat cat. He’s just hilarious.



Photo credit: cheezombie


What’s next for the cheezombie design line? Anything you are working on you would like to share? Where do you get your inspiration from?
 Beats me. The needles do what they do, I’m just the puppet.

Are you really a zombie? Who IS cheez?  
Nope, not a zombie, just a crazy kid trying to make it in this big world. I do love dairy though, hence the cheez.

If you were stranded on a (cold) desert island and were allowed 3 knitting/yarn related things, what would you pack?
I would bring a knitted boat, a knitted crew, and knitted friends.

I have actually knit a cheezombie pattern! The kiwi (of course, what New Zealander can resist this pattern?) featured in Knitty Deep Fall 2011. 

Photo credit: sweetp



Have you ever been to New Zealand and seen a real kiwi?
I was actually trying to knit a kiwi fruit. I googled the wrong picture and by the time I noticed I had already finished the pattern.

Thank you so much for dropping by!

 I love cheezombie's patterns. Cute and quirky and ideal for gifting.
I've got this obstinate octopus in my queue!

Photo credit: cheezombie

All of Cheezombie's patterns are eligible for the GiftAlong KALs. 
You can see them all on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/designers/cheezombie
Her sale patterns (be quick ends 21 Nov 2014 US EST) can be viewed here: http://www.ravelry.com/bundles/3342


GIVEAWAY....
Win a copy of your favourite Cheezombie pattern. Simply leave a comment with your favourite Cheezombie design and I will gift a Cheezombie pattern to a randomly selected winner. (Must be a selfpublished pattern). Giveaway ends midnight Sunday 23rd Nov (NZ).

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the opportunity! I would pick Splat Cat Coasters (the knitted ones) :D
    Briony (Gradient ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the splat cat knit coaster, it's hilarious. Would love to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe- cute!!!! I can't decide between Splat Cat and the Kiwi - so surprise me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Opps - meant Splat Cat Arigumi Plush, as can't "Hook" well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the Garden Slug (KNIT FLAT VERSION), looks a bit like Krumm from Aaahh! Real Monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the inchworm and the fir tree. I have just bought the lab mice pattern so excited to start them when I find my needles :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the garden slug! Prob the knit flat version...they are all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the flat knit sheep and the veges! And the dinosaur!!

    ReplyDelete